The number of times a home facial should be done depends upon your age and the nature of skin. For those who are in the age-group of fourteen to twenty-five and who have normal skin or at least do not have a very dry skin, doing facial once a month is sufficient but for those who have dry or dull skin facial twice a month is necessary. For those who are older, facial once a week is a must so that age does not show on the face.
Given below is the method to do a half-hour home facial
- Tie your hair tightly towards backside.
- Clean the face with a cleanser so that the makeup and the dust particles, if any, are removed. Use tissue-paper or soap and water to clean your face. It is necessary to clean your neck also along with face.
- Use cotton wool to apply freshner on the face and neck so that the last traces of cleanser are removed.
- Put moisturizer in dots (bindis) on your temples, cheeks and chin and then let the skin absorb it.
- Now wash the face with clean warm water.
- Make homemade face pack according to the nature of your skin (know your skin type), and apply it on your face and throat, leaving the area around the eyes. Soak the cotton wool in rose water and place it on your eyes. You can use unboiled milk or alcohol free freshner also, instead of rose water.
- Now lie down and allow the face-pack to dry for about twenty minutes.
- Remove all the remains of face-pack. Dry your face and neck by patting with a soft towel and apply a good moisturizer.
A Natural Homemade Egg Pack for Vanishing Wrinkles
Take the yolk of one egg, mix in it two spoonfuls of rose water and one spoonful of honey and preserve. Use it once a week. It is useful in winters. If you have wrinkles, take the white of an egg, beat it, mix in it three spoonfuls oat-powder, one spoonful of honey and apply on the face. For still more dry skin another method is thus: Yolk of one egg, two spoonfuls of orange juice, half a spoon of lemon juice and a few drops of sweet almond oil. Mix it well, beat it and apply it. Keep it for half an hour before washing it off.
Soyabeans or Masoor Dal (Lentil) Pack
Take fifty grams soyabeans (or lentil), soak it in water overnight. Grind it well next morning into a paste after removing the shells. Mix un boiled milk and almond and almond oil in the paste and apply.
Besan (Gram Flour) Pack
Take one spoonful of gram flour (besan) a pinch of turmeric (haldi), half a spoon of honey and half a spoon of olive oil. Mix it well and apply.
Multani Mud Pack (Fuller's Earth)
Take a spoonful of finely ground multani mud (fuller's earth), a spoonful of rose water or cleansing-milk and prepare a thick paste. Apply a thick coat on the oily part of your face and a light coat on the dry part. Let it remain for ten minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
Make sandalwood (chandan) paste, add rosewater and apply it on your face. It has cooling effect. If the skin is oily, add a small quantity of sulphur to it.
Peel a cucumber and grind it fine. Put unboiled milk in it and apply. It is softening.