Summer makeup should not be heavy and is mostly aimed at protecting the skin from exposure to sun rays, avoid excessive sweating, cut out the oily shine and prevent clogging of skin pores that often result in acnes and pimples. Here are some tips to keep your skin healthy, make your makeup last longer and keep you looking fresh:
* Skip the foundation, if possible, and opt for a tinted moisturizer. If foundation is necessary, limit application to the center of the face, steering clear of the hairline.
* Consider switching to an oil-free formula during the summer months or dilute your everyday foundation with an oil-free moisturizer. This lighter coverage will fare better when temperatures heat up.
* Dust any coverage with a little loose powder. Use blush sparingly, letting your sun-kissed cheeks grab the attention.
* Blot any perspiration or oil buildup with non-powdered blotting papers. Or substitute a clean tissue, pressing gently into moist areas.
* Remove under-eye foundation or powder buildup with a clean cotton swab. Resist the temptation to reapply unless you feel it absolutely necessary.
* Reapply loose powder only. Pressed powder has the tendency to cake and clump when hit with moisture.